Monday, September 17, 2012

Email #17

I'm pretty sure you're all tired of reading that I had the best week ever, but this past week really has been amazing and the most spiritual week of my life. 

A couple of days ago our zone had the opportunity to have personal one-on-one interviews with President Gelwix. I really do love him so much. Sometimes I just can't believe that I'm now best friends with President Larry Gelwix. It's so spiritually empowering when we have the chance to talk just the two of us, and really gets me motivated to get out there in the blazing sun and find those the Lord is preparing to recieve the gospel.

Our teaching pool recently has gotten a lot smaller, so finding has been something that Elder Allen and myself have really been focusing on. It's ironic how even though we'll have days where literally no one answers their door to us and nobody is home that we wanted to visit, we still come home at the end of the day completely satisfied because we know we gave our greatest effort to follow the will of the Lord. I know that as we continue to give it our all we'll find those who have been prepared. 

Elder Allen really is the bomb. By far one of the most genuinely nice people I will ever know. And it freaks me out because we really had 62984278 mutual friends back in our high school days but somehow didn't know who each other were. 

I know I probably shouldn't say this, considering I've only been out a couple months, but I'm SO excited for after my mission to take all you out to go eat Pho (pronounced Fu). It's a Vietnamese meat-broth soup that the Hmong have made into their own special dish and they love  to eat. I think I literally ate it 5 times in the last week. And the weird thing is, I don't like eating food now that isn't spicy! I never though I would say that!

Tonight Elder Allen and myself are actually going to a baptismal service for our neighbor that is being baptized! It's exciting because even though it's not our  baptism, it's the first one I'm going to since being out here on a mission! It's been amazing the see how the Lord had prepared him to receive the Gospel and see the faith that he has to follow Christ. 

Something else really awesome that happened this last week was some members in the ward Elder Allen and I have recently been visiting a lot went through the temple and were sealed as family! It's awesome to see that happen because that really is the eventual direction we want all of our investigators to go - to receive all the blessings available of the Atonement through the temple of the Lord. 

Sorry that this is somewhat short and sporadic - today has been hectic in running around and trying to get things done. What else is new? :) But I really do LOVE you so much and pray for you continually every day. 

Sib Ntsib Dua!

- Tub Txib Tshaj Lug Vwj / 
  Elder Matthew David Doane

+ P.S. - THANK YOU so much for the box the other day! Bah I really can't even tell you how much I appreciate it. And Morgan, I'm writing a response to your slightly offensive letter right now as we speak, so EXPECT it.

No comments:

Post a Comment